Oct 23, 2012

PART FOUR

 29 - INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS
Yipes! Look at this one! My mother and I joined the rest of our family for a walk along Lake Ontario and as is evident, it was just a bit on the chilly side. We did what anyone else would do when they're cold, zip their jackets, put on their hoods and look absolutely ridiculous. 


 28 - MODERN FAMILY
There is something so touching about this photo of Mikol Zahorchak, his spouse Dave Nelson and their son Kolby. With so much love in one gathering, who says two daddies can't make a family?


 27 - THE BIG ONE THAT GOT AWAY
It is hard to understand why Ricky Holditch was taken from his family and friends last February at the age of only 26. One of the things Ricky loved to do was fishing, as we see in the two photos above. I'd like to think that wherever he is now Ricky gets to enjoy his favourite hobbies whenever he desires and knows how much he touched so many lives and continues to do so even today.


 26 - WASN'T THAT A PARTY
The year was 1978 when I turned 18 and my parents let me have a birthday party with family and friends complete with food, cake and beer...in stubby bottles, no less!  Whenever I see this photo I'm magically transformed to an era of innocence and foolishness. I'm also reminded of how much my family and friends have changed over the years and the fact that our friend Cathy MacNeil [sitting beside me wearing a black sweater and t-shirt] is no longer with us. Time waits for no one, but photo memories do.


 25 - FROGGY FASCINATION
Little Logan Dickie seems truly amazed by the sight of the slimy green frog being held in front of him in this clever photo taken a few years ago. What else do I like about this pix...look how perfect those fingernails are on our frog handler!!  LOL!


 24 - MOJITO MADNESS
Jeanne Prince and her daughter Megan Fox have enjoyed the sun and fun of Cuba a few times now and they have hundreds of photos to prove it...and wouldn't you know it of all them I would pick this one as one of our 66 PERFECT PIX.   LOL!  I'm such a stinker sometimes...but really, isn't this one pretty funky??


 23 - SWEET LITTLE SISTER
Yes that is me on the left, lovingly embracing my baby sister Kim, in this photo taken in 1964. I must admit I don't remember the precise moment this pix was taken but I do recall the location and the era. Kim and I are sitting in Gramma and Poppy Simpson's big backyard in Renfrew. We spent a lot of time at that house on Farewell Street when we were growing up and although all that has changed these days and my grandparents are no longer with us, in Scribbles land it is preserved forever!


 22 - SLIP SLIDIN' AWAY
Yes you HAVE seen this photo in Scribbles more than once before and I make no guarantee that this will be the last time either.  How could I? The expression on my cousin Cathy Dick's face as she prepares to be wisked away on this wild sled, is truly priceless. I make no apologies for once again featuring this funny photo, as our countdown wouldn't be complete without it.


 21 - WET AND WILD
Talk about having the camera ready at the perfect moment. Here we see brothers Jack and Ethan McParland (in matching attire) and the family dog all caught looking at the streaming water from the sprinkler at precisely the same time.  Bet you couldn't capture this moment exactly like this again if you tried!


 20 - WHO'S THAT GIRL?
She's sweet and petite and was the Belle of the Ball when she attended the Moose Lodge's annual Halloween Costume party. The Lodge men bought her drinks and the grand pooba wanted a slow dance (she blushed and declined his offer.)  Our darling damsel was awarded second place in the costume contest but the real prize was seeing the reaction of the Moose members when the clock struck 12, she removed her mask and revealed that she was ME!!!  For some queer reason no more complimentary cocktails were bought for me after that, but it didn't really matter. The thrill of shocking those old Moose gents was intoxicating enough.


 19 - DADDY???
I melt everytime I see this photo of Rob and his nephew Kade (just a wee tyke at the time and now 6 years old) As you may know, Rob has a twin brother, Rodney, who happens to be Kade's dad. Whenever I look at this pix I imagine Kade thinking "Well, you look like daddy, but I'm really not sure".  Too cute!!


 18 - BIG CITY BOY
The story of how Jeff Stewart and I met and the people we had in common is something right out of a TV soap opera and a bit too over-the-top to print here, but it was the beginning of a great friendship. A few years back, Jeff said goodbye to Niagara and moved to the Greater Toronto Area to live with his partner Frankie. This was one of the first photos of Jeff adapting to the big city and I don't know why, but I just find it so awesome.


 17 - SCRIBBLES ON THE BEACH
When I travelled to the East Coast with Doug, Drew and Kevin MacNeil, we saw so many amazing places. One of them was Newfoundland where we stayed with the boys relatives for a few days. Above is your truly on the beach after printing the word "scribbles" in the sand. Soon the tide turned and washed away my efforts from the shore but never from my thoughts.


 16 - MAGICAL MOMENT
All together now....."AAAWWWWW that's so adorable". Taken shortly after he was born, this precious picture of Aietch and his mommy Tammie speaks volumes. There's no need to say much more, the looks on their faces really say it all.


 15 - UP, UP AND AWAY
Here's another pix by photo buff Megan Fox. Catching the moment perfectly, this one makes us wonder just what it is these two folks are looking up at. One thing is certain, whatever it is must be pretty interesting, not unlike Megan's photo itself!


 14 - PUMPKIN PALOOZA
Here's another classic photo you may remember seeing in Scribbles before. It's my nephew Patrick when he was a little kid as he is surrounded by pumpkins at Howell's Pumpkin Farm. He sure seems impressed by the massive selection of pumpkins to choose from, I hope his mom and grandma didn't have to buy them all! 



 13 - PORTING SHOT
This pix was taken by Peter Siegel in 2006 and it captures all that makes Port Dalhousie breathtaking (without the hassle of looking for a parking spot).


 12 - TOE TO TOE
This is the last photo in our collection that was taken by our pal Megan Fox, but certainly NOT the last photo we have of hers in Scribbles archives. I love the composition and black and white makes it pop! More proof that you don't always need to include a person's face to make a big impression.


 11 - RIDE ON!
We really do need the Before and the After to make the complete statement.  Rob and Megan were riding on the back of my cousin Janet's ATV while I rode shot gun. Janet drove over a large rock and the ATV flew...as did Rob and Megan. The pix above were taken just a moment before we hit the rock and immeidately afterwards. I still crack up everytime I see these two shots.


WE'LL FEATURE OUR TOP TEN PHOTOS SOON