Apr 4, 2016

IN MEMORIAM | Cocoa


Ken Talks About Cocoa
Apr. 5, 2016

As I read the message Deanna's daughter Meghan wrote on facebook in memory of their little pal Cocoa, who passed away Mon. April. 4 at the age 2. I get a lump in my throat. How could this little fluff ball be gone so soon?

As I look at all the photos of Cocoa, I am  reminded of my cat JJ who passed away last March. When he left us, I found I had more photos and videos of this kitten than I had of pets who had lived with me much longer. It was almost as if every day I spent with JJ was special and I think that's because the "powers that be" knew he would be leaving me when he was only 1 1/2 years old and therefore every minute with JJ was special.  Maybe that same idea applied to Cocoa?

Meghan, Deanna, I hope that all the photos you have of your little muffin, bring back fond memories and perhaps even make you smile a little.  Try not to dwell on asking "why" this has happened and instead embrace the memories of the silly things Cocoa would do and the joy she brought to you both.

An added shout out to Cocoa's big brother Dakota, who is a big, lovable, husky. Dakota will also be missing his little pal. Good thing he has loving 'parents' to help him through this tough time.

Here are some great collections of pix featured on Meghan's facebook page and reposted with permission.



Rest in Peace Cocoa