Sep 21, 2020

PASSAGES | Susan Will Forever Be in Our Hearts


Here's a look back at Scribbles tribute to our dearest friend Susan from May 2015
 
It is with great sadness that we announce our friend Susan Edwards passed away on Wed. May 6th.

I met Susan many years ago through her sister, my longtime friend Becky Lee. We called Susan "Mary", Becky was "Grace" & I was "Jack" and whenever we were together (usually surrounded by more friends and family) we always had a good time.

There was "Girl's Weekend" at the Convery family cottage on Pappineau Lake, which naturally I was invited to. LOL.  How could anyone not love it there? And the delicious pasta salads "Mary" made, they sure were welcomed after the long drive to the great outdoors.

There was my 50th birthday in 2010, when Becky, Susan and her friend Gail took me to "The Duck" for what turned into the wildest birthday party I'd ever had, and we would laugh about that day many times in the years that followed.

At one time, Susan lived on Rykert Street, in the same building that many years earlier I called home, with my very first apartment. I watched "Mary's" cats for her when she was on vacation. The kitties and I would snack and watch the Y&R together.

THE "STANDEE" ELVIS CARD I GAVE SUSAN 
If the Cavarners were in concert or it was Wine Festival time in St Catharines, I would get the pleasure of being with Susan and the girls again. And I'll always remember in 2005 when we took the puppies for a run in that school yard,  which became the inspiration for the Scribbles Video Going to the Dogs. 

My most recent memory came only a few weeks before she passed away. I was visiting her at the hospital with a bright and colourful standee card I had made that featured Susan and her heartthrob Elvis. Susan's face lit up when she saw it and it made me happy.

We talked about the Y&R and the stuff we usually did. And although I knew she was not doing good, I somehow thought we had a little more time. A few more silly cards to give her or laughs to share, despite the circumstances. But that was not to be.

My deepest condolences go to Susan's daughter Jody, her sister Becky and the entire Convery family.



 POST ORIGINALLY FROM MAY 2015



Obituary of Susan Edwards

EDWARDS, Susan (nee Convery) - Passed away on Wednesday, May 6th, 2015 at the St. Catharines Hospital at the age of 68.

Cherished mother of Jody Edwards. Loving sister of Jim (Patty) Convery, Theresa Convery, Michael Convery and Rebecca Lee. Special aunt of Shawn (Virginia) Convery, Shannon Convery and Tyson Lee. 

Dear friend of Gale, Joyce, Stan and Anne. She is predeceased by her parents Margaret and Hugh Convery and her sister Debbie. 

Susan was employed at St. Catharines Hydro for 35 years. 

She will be sadly missed by her loving pets. 

Cremation has taken place.

A Celebration of Susan's Life will take place on Saturday, May 23rd at 7pm at the Port Dalhousie Legion.  

Memorial donations to the Humane Society or Gillian's Place would be appreciated by the family.





Susan's Daughter Jody's Touching Tribute to her Mom
 as featured on her facebook page 

"Had to say goodbye to the most beautiful person on earth, the person I could and did tell everything to, who was always my biggest fan and who I talked to several times a day just because I needed and wanted to...

I'm lucky to have had the privilege of knowing and loving you, and having the sole honor of being able to call you my Mom. 

I always said that you are my true soul mate and my angel on earth. Now you truly are my Angel. I love and miss you more than words could ever express. 

Thank you Mom for always being there for me, and for being the best friend a girl could have...I'll see you soon Mommas"


 POST ORIGINALLY FROM MAY 2015



SCRIBBLES VIDEO  |  Remembering Susan


PHOTOS on video from Jody Edwards & Becky Lee's facebook pages & Scribbles archive. MUSIC:  "Love Me Tender" by Elvis Presley