Apr 18, 2018

REVIEW & VIDEO | Zepagain Truly Gets the Led Out

Rock artists Led Zepagain played at the First Ontario Performing Arts Centre in St Catharines on Saturday, March 24, to a sold out crowd.

The group formed in 1988 and have been referred to as "the most accurate and authentic replication of Led Zeppelin in the world today." After now seeing and hearing them for myself, I can tell you, it's absolutely true. 

This was the first show I have been to at The Performing Arts Centre where it truly felt like I was at a concert. Lead singer Swan Montgomery embodied Robert Plant. He had the sound, the look, the swagger and (of course) Plant’s long locks. Giving the show it's rocking sound were the others in Led Zepagain;  Anthony David, Derek Smith and Jim Wootten. 

Once again I was joined by my friend Shelly, who has been my Performing Arts Centre show partner for around two years. From the moment the show started, we knew we were both in for a rare treat.

Midway through the show Swan glanced at the crowd and said, “I see some of you out there taking pictures and video with your phones" as he shook his head "no", while waving his finger back and forth, seemingly in disapproval. 

Then he laughed; “I’m only joking! Take as many pictures and videos as you like. Put it on Facebook. Put it on YouTube." 

Suddenly a sea of phones came out, including mine. Even Swan himself took out his phone and recorded the crowd live to Facebook during one song. 

There was a whole lotta love in the crowd that night which Swan and the band acknowledged as they said how they really hope to come back to this venue again. 

When I got home I visited Led Zepagain‘s Facebook page. I watched the video that Swan took of the show. It was interesting to see things from the performers point of view. I messaged Swan asking if I could use his footage for a video that I would be making of the show. He was only too happy to oblige. What a great guy!

When it comes to reviewing Led Zepagain, five stars is simply not enough.


SCRIBBLES VIDEO

Here's approx. 12 minutes of Led Zepagain at the First Ontario Performing Arts Centre in St. Catharines. Some of my footage is a bit shaky. I was having a little difficulty recording the show, while rocking to it at the same time. 



Led Zepagain has seen our review and video and wrote to us:

"Thank you for the very high compliments Ken ! We're glad you enjoyed the show!"