Oct 22, 2016

YOU & ME | She's Come Undone


Tues. Oct. 18, I enjoyed seeing and hearing Burton Cummings in his one man show at the First Ontario Performing Arts Centre, with my friend Shelley Stewart. 
Shelley is a big fan and was moved by Cummings lyrics and spoken words between songs. She clapped and cheered throughout the show and who could blame her. 

Burton Cummings may be 68 years old, but he's still got the pipes to sing the songs that have made him a Canadian legend as he performed for approx. 2 hours, sharing bits of trivia about how some of the songs came to be and his career that spans over 5 decades. 

Burton said he gets nervous when performing a live show that's just him and a piano, but added that we (the audience) made him feel very at ease and comfortable, like we were all sitting around in his living room. (a sold out to full capacity living room.)

Other Scribbles pals including Ted Mouradian, Jim Steel (Joe Friday's "dad") and Michael from the local band The Figure Four, were also at the show.

This was my second time seeing Burton Cummings, although there was no singing at my first encounter. I met him in the early 80's when I worked at Hojo's 24 hour restaurant, as revealed in the encore post below.

From restaurant visit to performing live on stage, Burton Cummings continues to give me fond memories.