Oct 16, 2012

PART THREE

We've received lots of great comments about the first two parts of our 66 PERFECT PIX and the fond memories they've been bringing back. Get ready to double your pleasure as we feature 20 more photos from our archives this time around....ENJOY!

 49 -BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY
Our buddy Dave Webber has had many looks over the years, including long curly haired rock star and more recently a mohawk. But I think one of his most memorable looks was when he was just a little "Animal" -as we see above. Look at that smile...that cute outfit, the bowtie....how can you not smile when you look at this one?


 48 - MY FINE FEATHERED FRIENDS
Everyone time I see this photo of Leeanne Chamberlain and these colourful macaws, I'm transformed to a place where the sun is always bright, the ocean sparkles and the air is warm and fresh. In fact the only thing that outshines this tropical paradise is Leeanne herself.


 47 - PRICELESS
Seriously there's nothing I could possibly say about this photo of Gail Sharratt-Mallory that it doesn't already scream for itself.  The camera and rack of postcards behind her tell us Gail's playing tourist, while the campy police officer hat tell us she's being her typically zany self....and we wouldn't have it any other way, Mate!


 46 - I LOVED TRASH
Ok, once you get past LOLing at my massive eyeglasses and starter 'stache, take a good look at what I am laying on... YES, you are seeing correctly, it's many back issues of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER. 

I used to get so excited to buy each week's new edition and add it to my growing collection. Back in those days you could get an ENQUIRER for about 30 cents (compared to a whopping $5.49 these days!!) Most of the back issues were printed in black and white and it was not until later that they introduced colour. I even sent them a copy of this pix wondering if they'd like to feature it. They said no and it was shortly after that I stopped collecting and tossed these out.


 45 - KEEPING THEIR COOL
This photo of Christopher Whiteley and his mom Angela may look a bit familiar. That's because it was featured this past Summer on Scribbles. As you know, this was a very hot Summer and our Nova Scotia pals are demonstrating their way of beating the heat.


 44 - ALL SMILES
This cute photo was one of the first in Megan Fox's portfolio when she took a shining to photography. These days Megan's career has taken a different route, but her amazing pix live on forever.


 43 - CAUGHT UP IN A MOMENT
Becky Lee and her French Bulldog Raina enjoy a moment by the Lee resident's koi pond, checking out the growing fishie population. I'm not sure if it was planned, but I do like how Becky and Raina have co-ordinated their wardrobes. WOOF WOOF!


 42 - FRIGHTFUL FACES
Judging by his reaction, Patrick Papple was obviously unaware that his Aunt Jane was sneaking up behind him while he played with his Nintendo game. I'd probably react the same way Patrick...that's a pretty scary sight (LOL...just kidding "Sister Jane")


 41 - CANADIAN CLOWN
I took this photo a few years ago while enjoying Niagara's annual Wine Festival Grande Parade. There was just something about this clown I found entertaining. It's subtle, mind you, but he is entertaining nonetheless.


 40 - "WHY YES, I AM INTERESTED IN SAVING ON MY LONG DISTANCE BILL"
They sure start young these days. This photo features Laura Degraaf's niece Grace, looking super cute in her red coat and floppy hat, while chatting away on her Smartphone. I LOVE IT!!


 39 - DOWN ON THE FARM
We return to my Aunt and Uncle's farm in Renfrew for this photo. This old car sat behind the Farquharson's barn for many years, in fact each Summer when I would go to visit the gang, I'd be sure to wonder behind the barn to see if this old vehicle was still there. It was as much a part of the farm as the creek, the crops and the critters.


 38 - SQUEAKY CLEAN POOH
Yes this photo was obviously posed and it isn't exactly astonishing, but whenever I see this pix of my old Pooh Bear in the portable washing machine, it brings back a flood of memories. The picture was taken when I rented a house on Capner Street with my pals Ginny and Glenn. The washing machine was kept in the spooky old basement where Pooh Bear was cleaned from time to time. If he could have talked, my furry yellow pal would have plenty of tales to tell of life in that house, a best-seller, no doubt...and with an "R" rating.


 37 - HE LOVED HIS LITTLE BED
My mother's cat Sensei passed away this Summer and we have so many fond memories of the lovable kitty. One of my favourites is the pix above. Sensei looks like a giant in this little cat bed. The funny thing was, he did have a larger bed which was a much better fit, yet for some reason he preferred to get cozy in the tiny bed. What a great cat he was.


 36 - ORANGE SKY
Need more proof of why we love Megan Fox's photography so much?  Here's one she called "Orange Sky" and it is so cool.  Now "orange" you glad we included it in our 66 PERFECT PIX?


 35 - AT HOME ON THE ROCK
We're going back a couple of years now, but I remember it like it was yesterday. I joined my pal Doug MacNeil and his sons Andrew and Kevin for an East Coast adventure where we stayed in Quebec, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland. The photo above of Doug was taken in Newfoundland as he sits and admires the ocean.  Truly an amazing view and a must-see for any travel enthusiast.


 34 - MELLOW YELLOW
Our friend Julia Eckert submitted this photo for Scribbles Reader's Photo Contest and we were thrilled to be able to share it with you. Entitled "The Girl Next Door", the bright pix features Julia's son being smitten with, well.... the girl next door, of course! 


 33 - BUILDING EXTRAORDINAIRE
About 8 years ago (give or take) I travelled to Quebec with someone I was seeing at the time. He was from Quebec, so he was a perfect travel guide. Seen above is a pub/restaurant/dance club located in the heart of Montreal's gay section. It was an magical inside as it looks on the outside and even better, they made a kickass clubhouse sandwich...OUI OUI!


 32 - RASMUS READS
Come on now, how could I not include this one in our countdown? Rasmus is one cool cat, as we see once again in this encore presentation of him reading a book, one of many entertaining photos of the kitty we have featured in Scribbles.


 31 - BIRD WATCHERS
Although we can't see his facial expression, Graham Storie-Clark's body language says it all. Seen here with his dad Ken when he was just a toddler, Graham is obvioiusly intrigued by the seagulls and geese.


 30 - FLOWER GIRL
This photo of Kiera Blythin was featured in the local newspaper "Niagara This Week" at the onset of a horticulture show.  And although I can't take credit for capturing this pix, I do know a great photo when I see one, especially when it is someone as sweet as our little friend Kiera. 


PART FOUR COMING SOON