Jan 15, 2014

35 and Holding



WOW~ I just realized 2014 will mark 35 years since the first time I ever sequestered myself in my room and came out with a single copy hand drawn magazine known as Sunny Digest. It would later officially become Scribbles Magazine which in its heyday had a circulation of 60 copies, distributed to family and friends.

Print editions would end in 1996 with email newsletters taking the their place until Scribbles website debuted a few years later.

Now Scribbles is in its 35th year with an ever growing fan base and (when updated regularly) our website is visited over 3000 times a month.

What makes that number most impressive to me is that one way or another I pretty much know every person who continues to make Scribbles one of their internet faves.

You are family members, friends, former high school classmates, fabulous folks I used to work with, guys I once dated (a group which in MY heyday boosted our circulation considerably.....LOL) and new facebook friends of friends.

Together you are the every growing group I affectionately refer to as our Scribbles family and the driving force that keeps my creative juices flowing.

Of course, it's not been all fun and games in recent years. Physical and mental health issues often prevent me from taking all the great ideas floating around in my head to making their debut on Scribbles website.

I appreciate you allowing me to share your adventures and photos on Scribbles and your patience when I'm not quite up to doing so. Although I highly doubt there will be 35 more years of Scribbles to come, I do vow to keep at it for as long as I can.

With much love and sincere gratitude, I'll sign off for now.

xo

7 comments:

Karin Campbell-Gadd via facebook said...

You should be very proud 😊

Rene in L.A. via facebook said...

oh wow!!! I just realized you've been doing scribbles longer than Jesus did his mission!!

Jeff Basnett via facebook said...

OW !!! Seems like only recently i was getting emails...of the "Collecters Edition" that we could print out and keep... I will have to look for my copy... It's around here someplace....lol

scribbles online said...

f you can't find it Jeff...I have the entire "Scribbles Memories" collection in PDF format and would be happy to resend to you and anyone interested. That collection was when we celebrated our 26th Anniversary in 2006...WOW indeed!!

Cathy Neil -via facebook said...

That is fantastic Ken.

Lynn McIntee via facebook said...

That's incredible! why I mist have been.....7, for heavens sake!

Lorenzo Cromwell via facebook said...

That is an amazing accomplishment! Keep it up Ken.