Sep 30, 2013

You

Shanny's Style

Above: It's Shannon Convery's "one and only pix from this year's Niagara Wine Festival. It's her and pal Debbie as they enjoy rocking tunes and ice cold beer.

Read the special history behind Shanny and pals Wine Festival traditions below.

Previous years fun.  L to R: Pam and her fellow Troll pal, Julie, "Aunt Becky" & Shanny.
Rockin' Rollin' Wine Fest

We're certain our pal Shannon Convery enjoyed her annual Wine Festival traditions with her friends and Aunt Becky.

Each year on the day of  Niagara Wine Festival's Annual Grande Parade, Shanny and her girls meet at The Chilli Papper bar in downtown St Catharines where cover band The Figure Four play a gig in the parking lot.

Later it's off to Cat's Caboose where once again the band will perform outdoors and their "groupies" will follow.

NOT a VIDEO LINK -ignore play button



It is as much of a traditional now as the parade itself and I can say that I have been there to join the gang in past years. Today I would not be able to stand (or sit) on those concrete parking lots for very long before I'd be in massive pain.  I am on meds, so adding sucking back cans of beer all day is not a good combination, as I have learned in the past.

Be that as it may, I will always be thinking of Shannon, Becky and pals whenever I think about Niagara's Wine Festival.


No comments: