Dec 24, 2017

EDITORIAL | That's a Wrap

ME WITH TIMMI & MY MOM'S CAT PATCHES
REVISED DEC 22

Hello Friends:

Here we are once again near the end of another year and into the holiday season. And once again I also find myself wondering, “Where did the time go?”

When I look back at the past 12 months, there’s many things that come to mind. I’d like to say those things are all wonderful, but that would be a lie. The world is a much different place than it was when we rang in 2017 and not all of it is good.

There’s been natural disasters, including record-breaking hurricanes and wildfires. There’s been devastating acts of hatred like the Vegas concert massacre and terrorist attacks around the globe and even inside a church.

And there’s been that guy who masqueraded as the leader of one of the most advanced countries on the planet, whose preferred methods of communication have been taunting tweets, inappropriate insults and unwarranted accusations. Try as I might, it’s hard to look back at the past year and not think of him and be very concerned for us all.

MISS KITTY SAYS SEASONS GREETINGS
We’ve personally said goodbye to friends, family members and pets, while the world wept with the passing of celebrities including Mary Tyler Moore, Tom Petty, Gord Downie, Glen Campbell, Chris Cornell, Jerry Lewis and David Cassidy.

I’ve continued to experience periods of depression and anxiety and increased chronic pain, while watching my dog Timmi rapidly “show his age”.

On the flip side, I got to visit with my cousins in the Ottawa Valley and take a road trip with an old friend. I shared the excitement of the birth of my cousin Megan’s baby Joe and friend Shanny’s beautiful boy Liam. I enjoyed a sleepover at my friends Doug & Heather’s campsite, attended Bylynnda & Phil's wedding, took in local concerts with my friend Shelley, had a gay old time at Pride in the Park with sister Jane, did lots of stuff with my mom and gave out goodies to over 70 kids on Halloween at my sister Kim's place.

Many of you got new pets, new jobs or new homes. You went on vacations, you celebrated holidays, including Canada’s 150th birthday, you took some amazing photos of your day-to-day lives and one of you has even put their name on the ballot to be mayor of their town next fall. And as always, we were there to share these things with your fellow Scribbles pals.

Here’s wishing each of you a wonderful holiday season and a new year filled with lots of great moments which we’ll all be talking about next year at this time.

Your friend,
Ken