Aug 17, 2017

PETS | Timmi Turns 13


Today, my little buddy Timmi will likely get a bit more attention and a few more treats than he typically does. He will have no idea why he's the centre of attention on this day, but I will....it's because it's his birthday. Timmi turns 13 on August 17th.

As most of you will recall, Timmi was originally my mom's dog, before finding a place in my home (and heart.) Timmi still gets to see my mom (or "Nana" as he knows her by) regularly, since we still get together at least once a week with her.

This "tradition" started many years ago when "Nana" still lived on Rebecca Street. She had purchased a computer and knew very little about them. I would come over once a week to give her a computer lesson. I'd drop Timmi off at mom's place on my way to work (back in the glorious days of having a job and a car) and while I spent the day selling mobile phones, Timmi, Nana and her cat Sensi shared some quality time. After work, I would go to mom's for dinner, a visit and that all-important computer lesson.

Things have changed somewhat since then. Mom now lives in an apartment with her cat Patches and no longer needs computer tutorials. Since I no longer have a vehicle or a job to drive it to, Mom picks Timmi and I up at my place for wonderful, longer visits and of course those delicious dinners.

Timmi has been there throughout all the changes and still gets very VERY excited when we pull into the driveway at mom's apartment building, something that we still find amusing, no matter how old he (or the rest of us) get.

Happy 13th Birthday Timmi.

Love "Daddy"