Feb 21, 2017

YOU | More Than Just "Another Birthday"

ABOVE; FAMILY GATHER WITH JOAN STORIE ON FEB. 12TH TO CELEBRATE HER 76TH BIRTHDAY
It's an unofficial tradition. Each February I host a birthday party for my mom and every year I try to come up with a unique theme.  We've had a rock n roll theme, Valentines, Grammy Awards, Zebras (my mom collects them),  Hot Potato, Family Feud and much more.

This year, I created a special video called 'Another Birthday' that saluted many of those parties for my mother, as well as past birthdays of other family members and relatives.

Below is the video that debuted at my mom's birthday. If you've been a Scribbles fan for a while, you may recognize some of these parties, as most of them were featured on our website in the past.

[NOTE; This video features previously completed Scribbles Videos. Despite our attempts to fix audio levels, you might need to adjust volume while watching]



The Making of 'Another Birthday' Video

The original premise for this video was to be a collection of past family birthday parties that would highlight the many great themes we've had over the years and show how much we've changed (well, the kids at least...LOL). I would premiere the video at my mom's birthday party.

The video was a hit. I sandwiched it between two short clips. We started with the classic drive-in ad featuring the hot dog jumping into the bun and their dancing refreshment friends  After we watched Another Birthday, there was a 4 minute Minions clip called "Puppy",  It was a well rounded line-up. 

For the version of Another Birthday you see  above, we edited out & sped-up a bit of the family stuff and removed the Minions film and drive-in ads (both of which you can likely find on You Tube) Then we added some friends birthday pix plus the lost Family Feud game footage that was found a week after the video was first completed. 

The footage used throughout the video was from past Scribbles birthday videos and a collection of photos and previously unreleased videos. Some of the video clips used were of grainy quality ("I'm Beautiful" for my sister Kim and "Killer Queen" for my sister Jane were two short clips I created many years ago and saved on a small scale, so when I used that stuff here, it looks grainy. I'd rather have exclusive grainy clips than not use the clips at all.)

The sound on much of the video is very low. Again, it depended upon the original source of the footage. If the original video was hard to hear, the version included in 'Another Birthday' will be too. It was important to include all the best stuff on this video, even if it meant sacrificing decent video qualities at some points.