Jun 3, 2016

EDITORIAL | United We Stand

When I posted a pix on facebook a few hours before the Unity Awards would begin, I joked I was practicing my fake smile which I would use when someone else's name was announced as the big winner. I was of course just joking, but after seeing the other nominees in my category, I truly felt I didn't have a chance.

Several friends sent messages wishing me luck. One friend simply wrote "You've got this", and she was right, I did. [I'm now trying to steal her crystal ball and see if I should buy a lottery ticket...LOL]

It was touching after the ceremony, when we were heading out, people were whispering to me that they had voted for me. Another nominee said when he saw my name he thought that he would likely not win...so basically he was thinking the same thing I thought when I had seen his name. How sweet. Gee I wonder if he's single?

A man in the parking lot had nothing but praise for Scribbles and the fact it's been around for 37 years.  "We love Scribbles" he said, as we I were walking away. The freaky part was, although his face looked very familiar, I didn't know the name of this man who was such a big Scribbles fan.

It was an honour to have received the award and even more profound how I quickly learned Scribbles has a following far larger than I imagined.

It kinda reminds me of that old shampoo ad, "I told two friends about Scribbles and they told two friends, and they told two friends, and so on, and so on."  LOL

Thanks to everyone who voted for me and the kind messages you left on my facebook page. That's a whole lotta 'Likes'.





MORE PRIDE FUN:
If you missed our coverage of Pride Niagara's Kick Off Party: CLICK HERE 
To see coverage of Pride Flag Raising ceremonies across Niagara: CLICK HERE