Jan 14, 2015

YOU | 26th Anniversary for Kelly & Brian

PHOTO COLLAGE BY JOCELYN DUGUAY

The Best Parents Ever

BY JOCELYN DUGUAY

I have been privileged to witness all 26 years of my parents marriage (I'll be 27 in April wink wink), and every year they continue to inspire, and awe me.

I have witnessed my parents strength as husband and wife through love, happiness, sadness, heart break and disaster.

It's been such a privilege to be your daughter and have such strong role models in my life, because of you I am the stubborn, loving (most of the time), caring, compassionate, loyal person you have taught me to be.

It's been an honor to share your guidance and strength with Zack for 21 years, and my honorary brother Nathan for 8 years.

You are the parents that all kids hope to have, you are the couple that all lovers hope to be and you both are the pillars of support that every family wishes it had.

Happy 26th anniversary to the best parents ever. ♡ 01.12.89 - 01.12.15



OUR SCRIBBLES CONNECTION
When I Met Kelly and Brian
by Ken Leavoy

I met Kelly & Brian Duguay when we all worked at HoJo's.  Actually Scribbles has many loyal friends who we first met there and I'm sure they'd agree with me, it was a pretty wild and crazy place at times.

One of my most memorable HoJo moments was when I was the assistant manager on the midnight shift. Right after the bar's in the area would close, people would flock to HoJo's to eat, try to sober up and (for some) be absolute idiots.

I must admit, me standing at the entrance of the restaurant, in my Sears boys dept. suit wearing my HoJo name tag.....well, not exactly too threatening. So on weekend "bar rushes" people would often move tables and put chairs or tables up to the booths (a big no-no, as it is a fire hazard.), cut into line, throw stuff to other tables. It was like a scene from National Lampoon's Animal House and I had little control over it.

That is until Brian Duguay stepped in. Brian was a bouncer at Faces, the bar next door to HoJo's. It was arranged that when he finished up at Faces, he would come next door to the restaurant.

I remember vividly, Brian asking me what it was I needed him to do. My reply? "Just sit right there", pointing to the seat at the entrance to the restaurant.

And that's all it took. By Brian being there keeping an eye on the place, everyone behaved themselves. I gave him all the food and beverages he could desire.....it was a total win/win situation.

One of the many MANY crazy things that happened at HoJo's, a place right out of the Twilight Zone but one I'm so glad I got to experience.