Sep 7, 2014

YOU | Star Struck Stacey

Stacey Monahan with Country singer Terri Clark
In July, our friend Stacey Monahan not only enjoyed Country singer Terri Clark in concert, she also met her in person after the show.  What makes this story even more interesting is that Stacey had no idea she was going to meet Terri Clark that night. 

How did it happen?  We'll let Stacey tell you herself...

Tatts the way, uh huh, uh huh, she likes it -Stacey gets inked
"It was quite an amazing story how I got to meet one of my idols and all-time favorite country music stars Terri Clark. Months before the concert at the Scotiabank Center in Niagara Falls, notification of tickets on sale popped up on my Facebook page and I jumped on front row seats. 

I will digress for a moment and say that currently P!NK is my all time hero, but back in the day (90's) Terri Clark was my P!NK...

I had planned to prepare an acoustic guitar with a portrait of Terri painted on it to take with me to the concert with a mere hope that because the venue was so small and Terri is no longer the unapproachable high-profile celebrity that she was in the 90s, there might be a chance I could get it autographed. Because of my busy schedule I never ended up getting the portrait painted so I brought the guitar blank. I was disappointed in myself because I figured seeing her portrait guitar would be my surefire ticket to get an autograph if she saw it.

It was my hope that she would see my big goofy smile sitting close to the stage with my guitar gleaming in the lights, Sharpie [marker] in hand, and maybe come by quickly and sign between songs. I even had an "X" Marks the Spot, so that if she had to do it quickly she would know where to sign.

As the concert went on it started to feel like I was not going to get my guitar signed. I was okay with that because I didn't truly expect it anyway, it was just a hope.

I went out for a beer and in the line a woman standing behind me started asking about my guitar. I told her my story about the guitar & the hope I had for it. I told her about how far back my love for Terri went and how much it would mean to me if I got it signed. The more I spoke the more her eyes lit up. I started to wonder why this woman was listening to me so intently.

Terri Clark photo & tattoo
She FINALLY gets a word in edgewise when my piehole took a breath and the words that came from her mouth astounded me. She said "how much does that signed guitar really mean to you?" 

Of course I promptly reassured her it would mean the world to me as I wondered where she was going with her question. She reached into her purse as she was telling me "I have something in here I think you might love and you can have it if you promise to pay it forward" at that point I really was not sure what she was going to pull out of her purse. She pulled out a Terri Clark concert meet and greet VIP ticket and handed it to me.

I swear that thing had a white halo around it!

I was stunned and shocked and immediately hugged this perfect stranger.

I was on cloud nine for the rest of the evening. The meet and greet was set up like an assembly line and was very quick but I was super happy to get my guitar autographed. I will be painting her portrait on it soon. She signed close to the X I had marked on the guitar so it will be perfectly placed along with the portrait when the artwork is done.


Since the concert I have had her portrait tattooed on my leg in addition to several of my other female music idols from different genres and different generations. This musical tattoo piece was also a wonderful lucky fantastic story as the artist who did it was Sarah Miller from the second season of ink master. Another separate amazing story.

I don't get star struck easily but I can definitely say meeting Terri Clark was a bucket list highlight. 


Next up...P!NK!! I might have to wait until the prime of her career is over to get it but I am determined. 

These ladies mean more to me than just good music. It Is what they stand for, what they believe in, the message they deliver and just the bad-ass beauties that they are, appeals to me & reflects a little of who I am as well" 


Wow Stacey, that's quite the wild adventure, thanks for sharing it with Scribbles.

No comments: