Mar 23, 2013


Banana Rama

We first fell in love with them in 2010's box office blockbuster, Despicable Me, those adorable and hilarious little minions who work for evil Dr. Gru.

Since that time, the minions have appeared in mini movies, helped launch the Despicable Me Minion attraction in Florida and have been busy filming their sequel movie Despicable Me 2, which comes to theatres this Summer.

Since we knew they love bananas, our roving reporter Mr Scribbles grabbed a bunch of the tasty yellow fruit and asked a few of the little minions for an interview.

SCRIBBLES: "Hello Minions, my name is Mr Scribbles and I have some nice ripe bananas for you."

MINION #1: "Banana?"

MINION # 2: "Banana, Banana?"

 MINION #3: (slowly and loudly) "BAAAA-NNNAAAAA- NNNAAAAAAAA"

This caused the entire room of minions to come rushing over to where we were standing, all squealing with delight and jumping up and down at the sight of the bananas I was holding.

SCRIBBLES: I see you love bananas and I promise to share with you, but first what can you tell me about your new movie?"

MINION #2 (Taller minion, wearing a tie) clears throat and then says "Boop Popie umm Gru Boom Zap zap " Then makes hovering sound with his hands high in the air.

MINION #1 (little guy, one eye) " Ya, boop boom zap zap" and then he too makes hovering sound and waves his hands in the air.

Next thing I knew all the minions repeated the same thing together, while raising their hands in the air and making that silly hovering sound.  All the minions that is, except for one.

I stopped and looked at him and asked "Movie? Boop Boom Zap Zap?" and raised my hands in the air.

Wouldn't you know it, the bananas fell out of my hands and landed right in front of the one little minion who had not spoken a word.

"BANANAS!!" the excited little minion screamed as he tried to grab them all for himself, causing a stampede from the others as they all raced around the room chasing after him and the bananas.

I figured this interview was over and packed up my gear. Just as I approached the doorway out, I heard a soft, little voice.

I turned around and much to my surprise, there was the little minion holding one lone banana. He looked at me, held the banana up to my hand and said "U Banana?"

It was so nice to see that he wanted to share with me and when I peeled back the banana and took a bite, the entire roomful of minions cheered and waved.

No wonder we all love those minions so much. Can't wait to see them in theatres this Summer.