Apr 12, 2020

your recipe... Kerri's Banana Bread


Ok kids, here's a recipe that I can tell you firsthand is delicious. No, I didn't attempt to make it myself, but Kerri did bring me some on a recent visit (just before she took off for Cuba -seen above.)

This recipe, not unlike Kerri herself, really rocks. ENJOY!

1 cup mashed banana
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs beaten
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Combine wet ingredients...add dry to wet until mixed. Bake at 325 for 1 1/4 hours. You can also add chocolate chips which is also very yummy!

Kerri wrote in 2013 "A friend recently used the base of my recipe but substituted 1/4 cup of applesauce instead of oil and 3/4 cup of Splenda instead of sugar for those who may be diabetic/health conscious and she said it tastes delicious as well."

ORIGINALLY FEATURED IN SCRIBBLES 201